What I would recommend is pressing the leaves. This can take anywhere between 1 day to 2 weeks (depending on for how long you want to preserve them) and it doesn't really affect the colors much. But it flattens the leaves and makes them look a lot tidier than for instance the crumpled leaf on the right. Secondly, I would recommend you photograph them on a background that's as cleanly white as possible, because despite the fact that you cut the leaves out of their original picture real nicely, it's still pretty obvious that they're cut-outs. That way you also get a natural kind of shadow cast on the background that helps the leaves "blend" into the surface they're placed on. Thirdly, I'd just recommend using more leaves! Like a whole fan of them. I think the end product could look really nice.
Cute! :)
ReplyDeleteWhat I would recommend is pressing the leaves. This can take anywhere between 1 day to 2 weeks (depending on for how long you want to preserve them) and it doesn't really affect the colors much. But it flattens the leaves and makes them look a lot tidier than for instance the crumpled leaf on the right.
Secondly, I would recommend you photograph them on a background that's as cleanly white as possible, because despite the fact that you cut the leaves out of their original picture real nicely, it's still pretty obvious that they're cut-outs. That way you also get a natural kind of shadow cast on the background that helps the leaves "blend" into the surface they're placed on.
Thirdly, I'd just recommend using more leaves! Like a whole fan of them. I think the end product could look really nice.