Here is a first draft for the "visualize your journey to school"-assignment. Its far from done, but I would love some constructive criticism on my progress so far! (I don't really like the clock so far, so suggestions for that part would be great!)
Currently it only shows my average pace per kilometer (whole journey is 4.9 KM.. rounded it up to 5). The end result will also include calories burned and notable landmarks.
EDIT: I found out I made a mistake with the height of the columns and the times. So the newest version is now on top (the small one is the older version)


Hi Maarten, I first looked at your infographic (before reading the description) and it wasn't really clear to me what values your displaying. What's the data I'm looking at? I'm a bit confused by the x:xx min/km I think.
ReplyDeleteHope that helps!
Thanks for the feedback! It basically shows how long it takes me to travel 1 KM (the whole journey is 5 Km.) So each bar stands for 1 Km, and stretches over the "clock" according to how long it takes to travel that distance. The height of the bars is the ranking order, I did that so it is easier to see during which part of the journey I go quicker than during other parts.
DeleteI uploaded a newer version of the infographic, you can see that here:
http://visinf2012.blogspot.nl/2012/09/assignment-1-v03.html